Being SEALFIT is more than just a sculpted physique; it is a way of life, state of mind and a way of orienting oneself in the world. To be SEALFIT is to embody the character traits of discipline, drive, determination, service, self mastery, honor, integrity, courage and authentic leadership.
SEALFIT was developed by retired Navy SEAL Commander Mark Divine for the unique and specialized needs of professionals seeking to reach their fullest potential, for first responders, industrial athletes and militaryforces and life-long warrior-athletes to perform their jobs and come home safely. We all share a need for our minds and bodies to work at peak performance over long periods of time, while maintaining an unconquerable spirit and unwavering mental toughness. At SEALFIT we share this passion and aspire to train you if you seek this way of life.
The SEALFIT athlete demonstrates the following traits, distinct from the sport athlete:
- Must work at near peak output for very long periods of time, with unknown periods of rest.
- Must be prepared for the known AND equally prepared for the unknown.
- Does not always have access to a gym and the “proper” training tools
- Is not competing to win, but to survive and accomplish a mission that can have life, death or strategic consequences well beyond their own pay-grade.
- Must be strong, but not so concerned with maximal strength. Needs Strength Stamina to move heavy stuff far and long.
- Must have exceptional endurance and be able to go long, under load
- Must have an intense capacity for work in short, medium and long time domains
- Must be durable, have powerful core strength, not be prone to injury, and knowledgeable about how to sustain the body at a high level of readiness over the long haul.
- Must be mentally tough and trains to be so
- Usually works as part of a unit or team, and works out with that team
Not only do we seek elite functional fitness, strength stamina, durability, endurance and mental toughness, but we believe that hard physical exercise builds character, self confidence and spiritual strength. These qualities build strong individuals and families and allow you to thrive amidst chaos.
We develop warriors of all walks of life in elite-level fitness, awareness, durability and longevity. We thrive on cultivating the “Kokoro” (warrior) spirit in our clients, helping them be unbeatable in life. We specialize in developing the whole person: elite athleticism, durability and mental toughness, emotional control and sense development and, perhaps most important, spiritual strength.
Our Mission at SEALFIT is to develop mental toughness and promote spiritual growth in our clients – changing their lives and the lives of those they touch in the process.
The world is unpredictable and chaotic. Destiny favors the prepared (in mind, body and spirit). Hard physical training, proper nutrition, and strong values are foundational to living a good life. Personal Growth encompasses the whole person: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. We believe that there is an athlete and warrior within everyone. Leadership is best shown through example. We use what works and discard what doesn’t. We innovate. We treat everyone with respect, encouragement, and sometimes, tough love. The defining attributes of SEALFIT leaders is an unconquerable spirit, a burning desire to better oneself, and service to your teammates and communities
- Loyalty – to our family and our team
- Service – to others before self
- Honor and integrity – in public as well as in private
- Leadership and followership – we must be good at both to be effective at anything
- Responsibility – we take it for both our actions and those of our teammates
- Discipline – the only easy day was yesterday
- Innovation – adapt, improvise and overcome
SEALFIT is demanding, but extremely effective, fun and scalable to meet the needs of both beginners and advanced trainees.